The First Tee is a unique program that teaches golf and life skills. All of our teachings build on each other, enabling our participants to progress in golf and life skills. For many participants, The First Tee program will be a new and unique experience. In addition to meeting other young people from many different backgrounds, they will also be exposed to a game that emphasizes courtesy, honesty, self-discipline, and respect. The First Tee of Broward is dedicated and committed to teaching our communities children about life skills using golf as the vehicle to do so.
Respect for Myself
- I will dress neatly and wear golf or athletic shoes.
- I will always try my best when I play or practice.
- I will keep a positive attitude and catch myself doing something right regardless of the outcome.
- I will be physically active, eat well, get enough sleep and take care of myself so I can stay healthy.
- I will be honest at all times, including when I keep score and if I break a rule.
- I will use proper etiquette and maintain my composure even when others may not be watching.
Respect for Others
- I will follow all instructions and safety rules.
- I will keep up with the pace of play on the golf course.
- I will be friendly, courteous and helpful.
- I will remain still and quiet while others are playing and have fun without being loud and rowdy.
- I will be a good sport toward others whether I win or lose.
Respect for my Surroundings
- I will keep the golf course and practice areas clean and in as good or better shape than I found them.
- I will clean and take care of my and others’ golf equipment.
- I will be careful not to damage anything that belongs to others.