To ensure that participants can demonstrate and apply the golf skills and the life skills in The First Tee program, we are required to implement The First Tee Certification Process. For each of the Par, Birdie, and Eagle levels each participant must:
- Complete the core life skills lessons and specified number of golf lessons.
- Play a certain number of rounds.
- Successfully demonstrate an understanding of an ability to apply the life skills and golf skills.
- Pass a short written test on life skills and golf skills knowledge.
- Pass a test that demonstrates golf skills.
The Certification process has five general requirements:
The First Tee Lesson Exposure
The First Tee Life Skills Application
The First Tee Golf Skills Application
The First Tee Life Skills Knowledge
The First Tee Golf Knowledge